Monday, March 16, 2009

No Marshmallow's Allowed - Rice Cereal Snacks

So, Rob doesn't eat marshmallow's because they contain gelatin. Gelatin is made from animal bones that are boiled up. That may sound kinda gross to some, sounds pretty tasty to me! I remember my mother boiling bones and letting me suck the goodness out the the middle.

Anyways, I have been on a hunt for a substitute rice cereal snack that is ooey gooey enough that the marshmallow is not missed. Here is the recipe I used. They didn't stick together so well, but they tasted amazing! Instead of dried cherries, I used cranraisins. Next time I am going to try to use more peanut butter and hopefully the stickyness will improve.

0 comments:

About This Blog

Tina & Rob have relocated their lives to Geneva, Switzerland. This blog is a story of their adventure during the year and all the details inbetween.

Translate This Blog

Google-Translate-Chinese (Simplified) BETA Google-Translate-English to French Google-Translate-English to German Google-Translate-English to Italian
Google-Translate-English to Japanese BETA Google-Translate-English to Korean BETA Google-Translate-English to Russian BETA Google-Translate-English to Spanish
Powered by
+ Grab this widget

Finding Simplicity

Three rules of work: Out of clutter find simplicity; 
From discord find harmony; 
In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.
Albert Einstein

Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP