Monday, April 13, 2009

姥姥 - I love you and goodbye

(This post as written as a personal note to my grandmother who passed this weekend. I am unable to attend the seven days of mourning and the funeral but I felt I needed to do/say something about the event. Plus, I had a dream that my mother was being hurt and tortured by it all and I have just felt terrible since)

姥姥. The title says it all. I love you and goodbye. I know you lived a long and happy life. You raised 5 children, with my dear mother as your middle child. I will always remember you as a kind gentle woman who always looked at me with love in your eyes. I will always have happy memories of visiting your home and walking to the market with you. Even though we couldn't speak the same language, I knew you loved me and you knew I loved you. I am happy my mother was able to be there with you in your last moments.

In your Buddhist traditions, I wish you a quick path to your "happy place" and hope that you can take all the things you need from this life to your next. As for me, I know the matter that made you into a human, is being returned to our universe to become future beautiful things. You will always have existed in the history of time and space and I will always feel lucky to get to spend some of this time with you.

My mother, me, and 姥姥 in 2006
(Taken during our honeymoon)
I am very happy Rob was able to meet her before her passing.

1 comments:

Amanda April 15, 2009 at 5:51 AM  

I am really sorry about your grandmother. I'm glad that your husband got to meet her, though. Hang in there, friend!

About This Blog

Tina & Rob have relocated their lives to Geneva, Switzerland. This blog is a story of their adventure during the year and all the details inbetween.

Translate This Blog

Google-Translate-Chinese (Simplified) BETA Google-Translate-English to French Google-Translate-English to German Google-Translate-English to Italian
Google-Translate-English to Japanese BETA Google-Translate-English to Korean BETA Google-Translate-English to Russian BETA Google-Translate-English to Spanish
Powered by
+ Grab this widget

Finding Simplicity

Three rules of work: Out of clutter find simplicity; 
From discord find harmony; 
In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.
Albert Einstein

Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP