Tuesday, October 14, 2008

1 Month To Go

One month to go (last Sunday) and two weeks of work left. Wow. The first 8 boxes got packed up this weekend. And our little apartment seems to have less stuff in it already.

I am starting to try to soak up this California life by cherishing all the little luxeries here.  The simpliest things I think I may miss, my bed sheets, big heavy asian blanket, my towels, and my matress. (Can you tell I am writing this while sitting on the bed).

Travel plans for next year are becoming more like reality instead of wishful thinking. Rob and I recently invested $120 on travel books to all sorts of cities on our "to do" list. I am most excited about Marrakesh, Morroco. I really want to eat a perserved lemon and chicken tangine and buy a tangine to take home with me. There is also a night market that I can totally looking foward too.

I am definately going to miss everyone at work even if they don't miss me. I am definately going into more of a lifestyle where I am not communicating with peers about work, but just trying to communicate and make foreign friends. It may sound exciting but I am also scared. 

I haven't blogged much while preparring to leave, but I do assure you, that once I am over there, this little blog will be full. 

0 comments:

About This Blog

Tina & Rob have relocated their lives to Geneva, Switzerland. This blog is a story of their adventure during the year and all the details inbetween.

Translate This Blog

Google-Translate-Chinese (Simplified) BETA Google-Translate-English to French Google-Translate-English to German Google-Translate-English to Italian
Google-Translate-English to Japanese BETA Google-Translate-English to Korean BETA Google-Translate-English to Russian BETA Google-Translate-English to Spanish
Powered by
+ Grab this widget

Finding Simplicity

Three rules of work: Out of clutter find simplicity; 
From discord find harmony; 
In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.
Albert Einstein

Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP