Wednesday, July 16, 2008

So Much - An Update

I seem to lose track of the time between posts and a million things seem to happen between them.

Since the last blog post - 2 trips to SLO, a wedding, great margaritas, and Rob's departure to Switzerland for a 3 week stint. Many other little things in between, but those are the major events.

It has only been about 5 days but I really starting to miss Rob's companionship. I haven't felt so alone in a long time. Mainly because after I get home from work, he has gone to bed and I have to wait till I am half asleep to talk to him during his morning time. I think a 9 hour difference is so difficult to manage. I don't per say feel alone like I have no-one to talk to. I can easily pick up the phone and chat. But sometimes chatting doesn't result in much and I don't have much to say without getting political on somebody. Haha. It's just my nature I suppose.

I have pretty regularly been watching Oprah and her summer re-runs. I don't know why I am fascinated by this show. The topics aren't always something I am interested in, but I find them light hearted and engaging. I feel too young to be watching the show, but I know I am not. Is it wrong for me to respect her? Maybe. The jury is still out.

The SLO trips in June brought back so many memories. One was pure vacation with good friends M & E. I have really enjoyed hanging out with them more. They make me laugh and share some great stories. The other SLO trip involved a wedding of Rob's cousin Tori. It was lovely but also a little stressful. My Mom-IL and I decided to help out with dessert. It seemed harmless and easy but proved to take a lot longer then we anticipated. About 10 hours of decorating and countless other hours preparing, I think it went off without a hitch. The Bride and Groom seemed happy, so that is all that matters right?

I start this bootcamp training twice a week at 6 AM next week. I hope it doesn't kick my butt. That reminds me . . . I need to get to bed right now. I have a 6 AM safety leadership team meeting in the morning. These maniacs like getting up that early. I am going to be sleepy!

0 comments:

About This Blog

Tina & Rob have relocated their lives to Geneva, Switzerland. This blog is a story of their adventure during the year and all the details inbetween.

Translate This Blog

Google-Translate-Chinese (Simplified) BETA Google-Translate-English to French Google-Translate-English to German Google-Translate-English to Italian
Google-Translate-English to Japanese BETA Google-Translate-English to Korean BETA Google-Translate-English to Russian BETA Google-Translate-English to Spanish
Powered by
+ Grab this widget

Finding Simplicity

Three rules of work: Out of clutter find simplicity; 
From discord find harmony; 
In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.
Albert Einstein

Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP